Safely Serving and Reopening the US
As more businesses strategically reopen across the US, Loomis continues to sustain 100% of all branch operations. Meeting our customers’ business needs while protecting the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities drive our operations.
During our nation’s phased reopening, Loomis strives to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 using federal, state, county, and local government guidelines. We continue to reduce the spread of the virus by using cloth face coverings, social distancing, washing hands, and sanitizing our facilities regularly. Loomis remains committed to slowing the increase of this contagious disease as more US businesses continue to reopen.
Slowing the Spread during the Reopening
The recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continue to guide Loomis in how we keep our customers, employees, and communities safe during the phased reopening of the US. Our branches remain committed to following these evolving guidelines.
On June 1, 2020, the CDC updated its ‘How COVID-19 Spreads’ guidelines to clarify how the virus is believed to spread. The primary methods of transmission are person-to-person between people who are in close contact with one another (within 6 feet); through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks which can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs; and by people who are not showing symptoms (asymptomatic). While the CDC also reiterated that the virus spreads easily and sustainably between people, they remind us that it is possible for a person to be infected by COVID-19 through physical contact with a surface that has the virus on it and then touching their mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. However, this method of contracting the infection is less common.
As the nation’s phased reopening continues, Loomis Branches will begin allowing scheduled customer audits and visitors to our facilities beginning July 1, 2020. All customers and visitors will be subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screening. The screening consists of a brief questionnaire to determine if those who seek branch access have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and if they have any of the updated symptoms of the virus. This is followed by a no-contact temperature check to confirm the lack of a fever. No records are kept of these screenings, but those who have symptoms will not be allowed into the branch. All branch visitors are required to wear a cloth face covering or mask during their visit.
All Loomis employees and essential visitors remain subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screenings. Loomis continues to distribute cloth face coverings to all employees across the US in line with the CDC recommendation that all individuals use them to slow the spread of the virus when social distancing is not an option. Loomis also provides items such as hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and gloves to all of its employees.
Protecting Our Employees, Customers, and Communities
Loomis recognizes the critical nature of reminding our employees to follow the procedures that reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, as these procedures protect our employees, our customers, and our communities. We reinforce these procedures throughout the branches with video, posters, and signage that explain the importance of COVID-19 prevention.
A new series of signs are now being distributed to the branches that reinforce COVID-19 prevention. These signs cover the importance of washing your hands the correct way; protecting your health by understanding the COVID-19 symptoms, how it is spread, and how to prevent it from spreading; and practicing social distancing.
New ‘sanitization station’ signage is located adjacent to areas stocked with cleaning supplies to remind employees to keep work areas and high-touch surfaces disinfected. These sanitization stations are strategically located throughout the branches.
The following COVID-19 strategies continue to be used throughout the branches:
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are cleaned regularly while branches and vehicles in 'hot spot' areas are cleaned at a higher frequency. High-touch areas of the branches are sanitized throughout the day, with each employee responsible for sanitizing their work area at the end of shift. All hand-held devices used at the branch are cleaned throughout the day and night. Disinfectant wipes are kept close to our time clocks so that our employees can disinfect its keypad, and paper towel dispensers are located near branch doors to eliminate physical contact with the door.
- Health and hygiene practices: Health and hygiene practices as outlined by the CDC are reinforced with branch employees, including using cloth face coverings combined with social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding touching the eyes, nose, mouth, and face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting their home and work areas.
- Social distancing policies: The importance of social distancing is evident in our breakrooms, where work schedules and breaks are scheduled to minimize employee groupings, and individuals are kept apart by a distance of a minimum of six feet.
- Cloth face-covering availability: Cloth face coverings have been distributed nationwide to our employees for use in conjunction with social distancing, and we continue to keep them in supply for our branches. We continue to adhere to local, state, and federal requirements on their proper usage, and we also respect our customers' requests while providing services.
- COVID-19 positive employee identification:In the event that a Loomis employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any of their contacts are traced and notified. In line with CDC guidelines, no employee will be allowed to return to work without a doctor's confirmation that the employee is free of symptoms.
- Branch staffing monitoring: Loomis continues to monitor branch staffing fluctuations and absenteeism daily in our branches to ensure staffing levels are maintained and employee health issues related to COVID-19 are tracked.
Ensuring ‘Business as Usual' with Our Executive Team
As the US continues to reopen, the Loomis executive team continues to work with our regional, district, and branch management to maintain staffing levels and fulfill contractual service agreements. Branch events are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure our branches operating on a 'business as usual' basis. In the event of an unavoidable service interruption, our customers are notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System.
Reducing the Spread and Reopening Businesses
Loomis continues to do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 during the nation’s phased reopening. Our prime concern is to maintain the health and safety of our customers, employees, and communities while we fulfill our customers' needs. We continue to work with our customers as they strive to reopen their businesses, adjust to changed routines, and return to standard operations.
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis' assistance during this time, please let us know.