Loomis' Ongoing Efforts to Combat COVID-19
As we navigate the changing landscape of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Loomis remains committed to operating our branches on a ‘business as usual’ basis. We continue to work with our customers to minimize service interruptions while we mitigate the spread of the virus. The importance of meeting our customers’ business needs remains a top priority, along with our commitment to the health and safety of our customers, our employees, and the communities in which we serve.
Across the US, we are seeing some communities incrementally reopening. As these efforts are progressing, we are working to minimize the spread of the virus by following federal, state, county, and local government health guidelines, as well as our own policies and procedures. Our actions continue to reflect the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our Protocols are Enhanced to Slow the Spread and Maintain Operations
In an effort to slow the spread and maintain branch operations, Loomis is enhancing our protocols at our branches with the Loomis Branch Visitation Policy now in effect. The policy utilizes a Mandatory Wellness Check of all individuals who seek to enter the branches. This screening consists of a brief questionnaire and a non-contact temperature check to ensure that those who seek branch access have not been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and do not have the primary symptoms of the virus. No record is kept of the screening results, but those who do not pass the screening will not be allowed into the branch. All Loomis employees and visitors are now required to submit to the screening.
Loomis is also conducting remote internal audits at all branches to identify compliance risks resulting from the implementation of COVID-19-related procedures. Loomis is isolating emerging risks in our Cash in Transit, Cash Management Services and other related areas by utilizing data analytics, comparative analysis, error analysis, CCTV reviews, and on-board vehicle camera system reviews. With the data we collect, we are assessing these risks and determining appropriate remote audit actions as needed.
Loomis continues to distribute cloth face coverings to all Loomis employees across the US in line with the CDC recommendation that all individuals use them to slow the spread of the virus when social distancing cannot be accomplished. Loomis continues to provide PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) items such as hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and gloves for distribution to employees. These supplies help Loomis to slow the spread of the virus.
Our COVID-19 Reduction Strategies Protect Our Customers and Employees
Loomis understands that it is important for our employees to be vigilant and mindful of the steps required to reduce the spread of the virus, and we continue to reinforce COVID-19 reduction strategies that they must follow via in-home communications, at-work signage, posters, flyers, guides, and employee videos. These efforts are part of our commitment to protect the health and safety of our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Loomis utilizes the following COVID-19 strategies:
- Ongoing efforts to keep our branches sanitary and disinfected: Branches and vehicles are cleaned regularly while branches and vehicles in ‘hot spot’ areas are cleaned at a greater frequency. High-touch areas of the branches are sanitized throughout the day, with each employee responsible for sanitizing their work area at the end of shift. All hand-held devices used at the branch are cleaned throughout the day and night.
- Proper health and hygiene practices: Health and hygiene practices as outlined by the CDC such as using cloth face masks combined with social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding touching the eyes, nose, mouth, or face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting home and work areas are regularly reinforced at the branches.
- Social distancing best practices: Keeping a safe distance of six feet away from others is promoted among our employees. In the branches, floor graphics and markings help employees to keep a distance of six feet from their fellow employees whenever possible. Work schedules and breaks are scheduled to reduce employee groupings that impede social distancing, and breakrooms are arranged to maintain a distance of six feet between employees.
- Cloth face coverings have been distributed nationwide to our employees for use in conjunction with social distancing. We will continue to adhere to local, state and federal requirements for its use and customer requests while providing services.
- Identifying COVID-19 positive employees: In the event an employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any contacts are traced and notified. No employee will be allowed to return to work without a doctor’s confirmation that the employee is free of symptoms.
- Monitoring employee staffing: Loomis continues to monitor employee staffing fluctuations and absenteeism on a daily basis to ensure staffing levels are maintained and to confirm employee health issues related to COVID-19 are tracked.
Our Executive Team Maintains ‘Business as Usual’
To keep our branches operating on a ‘business as usual’ basis, our executive team monitors branch events 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to confirm that staffing levels are efficiently and effectively managed.
Workflows are adjusted to maintain contractual service agreements, and in the event of an unavoidable service interruption, customers are notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System.
Our hope is that our efforts contribute to the reduction of this deadly pandemic as we strive to protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, and communities while we fulfill our customers’ needs. We offer our gratitude to our customers for their cooperation during these demanding times, and we ask for your patience as we traverse these extraordinary circumstances.
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis’ assistance during this time, please let us know.