Mitigating the Surge During the US Reopening
While the US continues its efforts to mitigate the recent surge in COVID-19 cases during the ongoing phased reopening, 100% of Loomis branches remain operational. Throughout the pandemic, Loomis follows the guidelines of federal, state, county, and local governments, including the proven strategies of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). By following these protocols, we strive to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities while meeting our customer service needs.
Reducing the Spread of COVID-19
As part of our efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we continue to control access at our branches. All Loomis employees and essential visitors remain subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screenings. The screening consists of a brief questionnaire to determine if those who seek branch access have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and if they have any of the updated symptoms of the disease. The questionnaire is followed by a no-contact temperature check to confirm the lack of a fever. No records are kept of these screenings, but those who have symptoms will not be allowed into the branch.
Loomis continues to distribute cloth face coverings to all employees across the US in line with the CDC recommendation that all individuals use them to slow the spread of the virus when social distancing is not an option. Loomis also provides items such as hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and gloves to its employees.
Customers performing scheduled audits and other essential visitors are allowed at Loomis Branches subject to the successful completion of the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screening. All branch visitors are required to wear a cloth face covering or mask during their visit. Loomis continues to monitor each state’s travel restrictions in an effort to facilitate customer branch audits and other essential visits.
The Essential Role of Loomis During a National Emergency
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) executes the Secretary of Homeland Security’s responsibilities as assigned under the Homeland Security Act of 2002. These responsibilities include providing strategic guidance, promoting a national unity of effort, and coordinating the overall federal effort to ensure the security and resilience of the nation’s critical infrastructure during national emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
Loomis continues to serve an essential role in maintaining the viability of the United States critical infrastructure during the ongoing national emergency by providing services in the following financial areas:
- Processing and maintenance of systems for financial transactions and services (e.g., payment, clearing, and settlement; wholesale funding; insurance services; and capital markets activities)
- Providing consumer access to banking and lending services, including ATMs, and moving currency and payments (e.g., armored cash carriers)
During a national emergency, Loomis employees perform a crucial function as part of critical infrastructure support. Because our employees are sometimes required to travel to other city and state locations, our employees will soon be carrying an ‘Essential Employee: Critical Infrastructure Worker Notification’ card. This card will be used in conjunction with their Loomis Identification Card. The purpose of this card will be to expedite necessary travel in the service of critical infrastructure support during a national emergency where travel is allowed by federal, state, and local jurisdictions.
Ongoing COVID-19 Reduction Strategies
Loomis continues to remind its employees to follow the strategies detailed by the CDC to reduce the spread of the disease to help protect the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities. These strategies include the washing of hands, the use of social distancing, the wearing of cloth face coverings (when social distancing is not an option), the cleaning and disinfecting work areas, and the monitoring of personal health. We reinforce these procedures throughout the branches with meetings, videos, posters, and signage that explain how to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The following COVID-19 strategies continue to be used throughout the branches:
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are cleaned regularly while branches and vehicles in 'hot spot' areas are cleaned at a higher frequency. High-touch areas of the branches are sanitized throughout the day, with each employee responsible for sanitizing their work area at the end of shift. All hand-held devices used at the branch are cleaned throughout the day and night. Disinfectant wipes are kept close to our time clocks so that our employees can disinfect its keypad, and paper towel dispensers are located near branch doors to eliminate physical contact with the door.
- Health and hygiene practices: Health and hygiene practices as outlined by the CDC are reinforced with branch employees, including using cloth face coverings combined with social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding touching the eyes, nose, mouth, and face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting their home and work areas.
- Social distancing policies: The importance of social distancing is evident in our breakrooms, where work schedules and breaks are scheduled to minimize employee groupings, and individuals are kept apart by a distance of a minimum of six feet.
- Cloth face-covering availability: Cloth face coverings have been distributed nationwide to our employees for use in conjunction with social distancing, and we continue to keep them in supply for our branches. We continue to adhere to local, state, and federal requirements on their proper usage, and we also respect our customers' requests while providing services.
- COVID-19 positive employee identification: In the event that a Loomis employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any of their contacts are traced and notified. In line with CDC guidelines, no employee will be allowed to return to work without a doctor's confirmation that the employee is free of symptoms.
- Branch staffing monitoring: Loomis continues to monitor branch staffing fluctuations and absenteeism daily in our branches to ensure staffing levels are maintained and employee health issues related to COVID-19 are tracked.
Continued ‘Business as Usual' with Our Executive Team
As the US works to contain the surge of COVID-19 during our nation’s phased reopening, the Loomis executive team continues to coordinate the maintenance of staffing levels and fulfill contractual service agreements with regional, district, and branch management. Branch events are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure our branches operating on a 'business as usual' basis. In the event of an unavoidable service interruption, our customers are notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
Loomis continues to do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and mitigate the surge during the nation’s phased reopening. We remain committed to maintaining the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve while we fulfill our customers' needs. We continue to work with our customers as they strive to reopen their businesses.
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis' assistance during this time, please let us know.